[PD] fluid~ compilation on OSX-another one

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Fri Jul 1 15:35:37 CEST 2005

Hi Koray,
i'm following the discussion about flext/externals compilation one with
one eye because i'm too busy at the moment.
However, there are two points:

1) You are using the old build system. This is necessary because i
haven't released to new one yet.
With your build output

>>>g++ -c -O3 -DPD  -I/Users/mlab/pd/src/ -I/usr/local/lib/pd/flext/../src
>>>-I/usr/local/lib/pd/flext fluid/main.cpp -o pd-darwin/fluid.o
>>>g++ -bundle -bundle_loader /Users/mlab/pd/bin/pd -flat_namespace
>>>pd-darwin/fluid.o /usr/local/lib/pd/flext/flext.a -lm -lfluidsynth -o
>>>pd-darwin/fluid.pd_darwin
>>>ld: Undefined symbols:
>>>_vScopy
>>>_vadd
>>>_vmul
>>>_vsmul
>>>make: *** [pd-darwin/fluid.pd_darwin] Error 1
>>>rm pd-darwin/fluid.o

you seem to be only an additional "-framework vecLib" compiler switch
away from success.

2) fluid~ should rather use the new (cvs) build system, because it's
much easier to configure and use, and in general much less hassle for
external developers.

best greetings,
Thomas