[PD] pd using Jack DIO errors - but no xruns

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Jul 21 19:13:47 CEST 2005

> Thanks tim. ( I realize that the jack issue is separate, I just wanted
> replies to focus on pd and not jack -- (so they wouldn't say: "check
> jack!"))
oh yes ... to change the audio buffer size ... check jack ;-)

> It's kind of a pain to hear clicks. I've reduced them somewhat by
> starting pd with no audio capture. Don't know why that would be since
> I'm not using that facility.
well, i doubt this will have a big effect ... it might make sense to
disable the audio input in jack, though ...

also, it might be interesting to see, what how the native alsa interface
performs ...
i've had some trouble with my hdsp ... having a feedback ... but either
it was a problem of the specific machine or i was the only one ever
trying alsa/hdsp/pd ...
so you might give that a try, too ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs