[PD] Storing symbols

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 9 09:26:45 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Alexandre Quessy hat gesagt: // Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> I am looking for a way to store many symbols in Pd. I receive strings
> from [netreceive] and I need to use them right away, but also to store
> them somewhere for use at some other time. These strings are video file
> names to be played in GEM. Maybe the [any] external from iemlib would
> do it ? Thanks.

How to store something very much depends on what you want to do with
it later. For just storing symbols in a sequential way, textfile or
qlist are great. Even messages could work ("add $1"). However if you
need indexed or hashed access to your symbols later, then some other
containers are better, like pool, some of the PDContainers or coll.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "plak" @ http://footils.org/cms/show/44