[PD] Path and dialog on Win & OS X (was: is this a bug?)

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Aug 26 19:57:58 CEST 2005

On Aug 26, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> Actually, I am having a hard time on Mac OS X as well. I understood
> that the .pdrc file will be forgotten. Too bad, because, it is the
> easiest way to start Pd on Linux, at least. I would say I don't
> like much this Tk dialog.

...well, I still use a .pdrc on osx, too, because the Tk dialog is
still early in it's implementation...at least for me, there aren't
enough entry boxes for all my paths and extensions, but this'll get
fixed in time...

> I was wondering if there was a way to start Pd.app from the command
> line on OS X... I didn't try very hard though.

...sure:  all you have to remember is that an *.app is just a series
of directories...the important binary is always in the directory
"Pd.app/Contents/MacOS/"...and then make sure it's "pd" or "Pd"...so,
try "./Pd-0.38-4-extended-RC1.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd"...

> Also, on OS X, my audio preferences are *always* forgotten by Pd
> every time I start it. So, I always need to open a patch (so that
> the preferences menu appears) and then choose to have 2 audio
> outputs and inputs... Am I the only one with this problem ? This is
> on Pd-0.38-4-extended-RC1, which I found was more stable than most
> other release. Maybe I should use an other version ?

...dunno about this...

jamie