[PD] Using netclient to get weather data from weather.com

Rune Lain Knudsen fluxrotator at postmaster.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 16:04:32 CEST 2005

I'm trying to get netclient to download an xml file from my subscription at weather.com but a strange thing happened. I try to send a fairly long GET message (containing a search string, a few parameters and ID+password), and it seems to work on a regular browser but not in PD. When I connect the message box containing the GET message to a print object it doesn't print the whole string in the console, it seems like there's a limit on either the message box(how many characters it can send) or the print object(in which case I'm probably chasing the wrong problem altogether). I've attached the test patch but the user ID and the password is false so if anyone tries it out they will probably get an error page sent back(but then at least the query works). I hope I'm explaining this clearly enough... Is there a workaround to this problem, or have I just done something wrong?

Halloween Humour: Why is it so difficult to become a coroner?

http://