[PD] named inlets/outlets

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 30 08:13:46 CEST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, jake elliott wrote:

> is there a reason we do not have named inlets/outlets like in max?

Devel-pd has had named inlets for years. However, Miller-pd still
doesn't have them, and is the one that most users have.

I'm working with Chun Lee on a special project that brings a new GUI to
Devel-pd. This will feature named outlets and a slightly friendlier
named-inlets feature than in regular Devel-pd. I expect to have a working
prototype before I go to Bergen on October 14th.

The distribution of Devel-pd is a problem which will be discussed at the
next developers' meeting, on IRC.FreeNode.net, port 6667, channel
#dataflow (*the* PureData channel). I use the XChat software to connect
(there are many programs that can). That meeting is scheduled for Friday
September 30 at UTC 16.00 (which is 10 hours from now). The meeting is
open to everybody, although subscribing to pd-dev is assumed. The channel
is also open to everybody all of the time for discussing pd-related and
art-related matters.