[PD] pidip and quicktime

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Oct 3 22:29:24 CEST 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Ed Kelly wrote:

> I got pidip to compile OK, but when I try to load it it comes up with
> the error: udefined symbol: quicktime_close pidip: can't load library

make sure that, at the moment pidip.pd_linux is created, the option
-lquicktime is being used. to verify, just delete only that file and run
"make" to recreate it.

When building .so files (what .pd_linux files really are) there can't be
any undefined symbol errors at that point, unlike for building
applications: errors have to be delayed until loadtime. (That's at least
when building on Linux)