[PD] triggering vline~ compared with line~

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Oct 4 14:39:42 CEST 2005

hi eni, hi urs

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:24:27 +0200
Enrique Erne <pd at mild.ch> wrote:

> > [vline~] is "exact" whereas [tabwrite~] starts at the next block
> > border?
>
> If [tabwrite~] starts at the next block wouldn't it cut the beginning
> of the ramp?

no, because [tabwrite~] starts recording at sample 0 of the block and [vline~] starts the ramp at sample N, where 0 <= N <= BLOCKSIZE.
but i still wonder, how does [vline~] know, where to start the ramp? CK told me, that there isn't a thing like a 'timestamp' in the code of [delay].

another idea: is [vline~] quantized to 1ms?

roman