[PD] OSC help

carmen ix at replic.net
Wed Oct 5 23:41:00 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 02:29:54PM -0700, Phillip Stearns wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> OK this might seem strange but the help files for OSC
> don't help.  I'm running windows XP (yeah cause that's
> what I'm stuck with).  Can anyone tell me what
> messages/commands/arguments/etc can be sent to each of
> the different OSC objects:

for that, youd need a Class Browser, but the docs should cover most methods..see below

> OSC
> dumpOSC
> sendOSC
> OSCroute
>
> Also, is this the complete set of OSC objects?  If
> not, what other objects exist and what do they do?
> How do you use them?
>
> I'm trying to write a patch that talks through an
> OscGroupClient to a group server.  So far I've been
> able to connect to the server from my command line but
> within PD, I have no idea how to send to the server.
> Are there any clear resources on any of this?

you should have a set of help patches with the OSC externals, theyre also here: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/externals/OSCx/doc/ ..

to connect, i think you just create a sendOSC and send it a 'connect 127.0.0.1:4442' message, or something.. you need to use seperate send and dump objects on seperate ports to establish 2 way comm, i think :/  if this is unsuitable you could probably port liblo to PD using flext..