[PD] midi pd and logic

Mitchell Turner mmturner at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 29 17:22:26 CEST 2005

Matthew,
I am able to do this by using an IAC Bus (create in the Audio MIDI
Setup application).

Then you can follow the directions at:
http://www.gl0tch.com/logic_v_1.html

You will want to make a few minor changes, however.

I'm using PD-0.38.0 where there is a MIDI Settings under the Media
menu.  I've set PD to send on IAC Bus #1. Then in logic, go to the
Environment and select the "Clicks and Ports" layer.  Then stretch
out the "Physical Input" by grabbing the lower right hand side and
pulling.  This will allow you to see which of the outputs the IAC Bus
is assigned to.

Now, Option+Click the pointy thing on the right of the Physical Input
assigned to the IAC Bus. Set the resulting menu to the Audio
Instrument you want to send MIDI data from PD to.  Now you should be
able to send PD's MIDI data to the Audio Instrument.

If you want to control the MIDI data from PD on a per channel basis,
you will need to create an Channel Splitter object in the
environment, connect the Physical input from IAC Bus to the Channel
splitter, then connect the various MIDI channel outputs on the
Channel splitter to various Audio Instruments using the Option+Click
trick above.

Please ask if this is in someway unclear.  Also, Id be happy to send
you an example patch as well.  Email me off list for the example patch.
Mitch