[PD] basic DSP stuff

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 02:18:57 CET 2005

 I don't much care, I don't want to define my own math, I just want to know
why we mix the real and imaginary parts of a product in one specific case.
 Z1*Z2=r1r2(cos a + isin a)(cosb + isin b)
= r1r2 (cosa*cosb)-(sina*sinb) + i(sina*cosb + cosa*sinb)
= r1r2 (cos(a + b) + isin(a + b))

You could indeed say that "entity of your choice = 1/0". But you need a

--
"It is not when truth is dirty, but when it is shallow, that the lover of
knowledge is reluctant to step into its waters."