[PD] message patch operations (cut)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 26 03:27:16 CET 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Thoralf Schulze wrote:

> this is from 3.0.events.pd in the pd-msg archiv:
> - $1: x
> - $2: y
> - $3: (unuse ???)
> - $4 mod (0:nomod; 1 shift; 2 crtl; 3 alt; 4 right
> click)
>
> and yeah, this is probably a major hack, but one I
> cannot live without when and it comes to ui stuff. I
> just use |x y 0 0(

You must be meaning the "mouse" messages and not the "click" messages.

$3 is supposed to be the button number but is unused. That would be 1=left
2=middle 3=right 4=up 5=down as the convention is on Linux.

then the $4 modifiers are 1=shift 2=ctrl 4=alt and 8=rightclick.

I wouldn't recommend using that interface.