[PD] Canvas editor patch 2

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 28 10:24:59 CET 2005

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:
>

>>thanks, already implemented it. now only leaves the question, is it
>>possible to do dynamic receives as well?
>

> [r] in plain Pd doesn't allow this, all IEM-GUI objects however do.
>
> As far as I see, you only need dynamic receives to get the position of
> the cnv. You can fake that by renaming the receivers of IEM number
> boxes [nbx]. However be careful: Once you renamed the receiver, the
> old value is gone, so you need to keep track of which receiver name is
> currently active.

what i usually do in such cases is setting the receiver to whatever i
need via the inlet; since the inlet stays, i don't have to track the
name of the receiver and i can change it again to whatever i want.

> (This seems to be one of the really rare cases where a dynamic receive
> is actually needed. Other than that, in 4-5 years of using Pd I never
> needed to rename a receiver. I think it's generally better to use a

i would totally agree (if i didn't use dynamic senders/receivers myself
sometimes)

mfg.a.dsr
IOhannes