[PD] The Party at the Center of the Universe

megalegoland at yahoo.fr megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 5 02:55:10 CET 2005

Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 01:55:07 -0000

>125 [sphere] objects take up a lot of CPU.  The more involved PMPD
>patches spend up to 90% of the time drawing the spheres.  Try creating
>a sphere in a 3D app like Blender and loading it using [model] and see
>if it makes a difference.

 Hello, I've made with blender different shapes of sphere and exported
 them into wavefront files (.obj) to open it with [model]...
Blender 'UVsphere' doesn't make a difference with gem [sphere]
But blender's icosphere seems to take as much CPU as pd's [cube],
I've been able to create 7^3 icospheres with one subdivision loaded with [model]
That would be enough to make a model of our solar system with the nine famous planets and their moons with a single computer.
 Also, the planets wouldn't have a round shape obviously.

patco