[PD] Request for help with OSC-client.h/c and OSC-timetag.h/c

Urs Liska pd at ursliska.de
Tue Dec 6 09:28:24 CET 2005

Hello list,

this might be slightly off-topic as it isn't completely pd-specific. But
I am primarily interested in it for pd use...

Would anybody be able and willing to help me to make the OSC-client and
OSC-timetag files from the OSC Kit
(http://www.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OpenSoundControl/Kit/) accessible from
Delphi by a) helping me translate it to Delphi or b) creating a wrapper
(Windows) Dll around it.

I would really like to be able to write GUIs for my pd patches with Delphi.
I already made progress by separating a nongui 'engine' patch from a
separate GUI patch communicating via OSC (which already is a great help
to deal with complex patches), but I still feel somewhat limited by only
using pd for a GUI, and with complex patches the GUI slows down quite
remarkably (as we all know ;-(

I know this is not quite a perfect approach for open source software
because it could only reach a rather small amount of developers or
users. But I thought it better to ask anyway ;-)
What I might eventually release is a highly programmable
Joystick-to-OSC(and MIDI?) mapper which could be useful to anybody
working with joysticks to control pd. (Windows only if I won't find
anybody to help me porting to Kylix).

Thanks for any help
Urs

--