[PD] Inlinet creation arguments into abstracts

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 9 03:27:29 CET 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Nuno Godinho wrote:

> I want to avoid having to send the message "open n0.avi" into the "sub"
> abstraction. I will be using several instances of "sub". The problem is
> that when I create the object like "sub n0.avi", which should be
> defining the $1 (the leftmost inlet, right?) parameter, nothing happens.

$1 in messageboxes doesn't mean the same as $1 in objectboxes. In
messageboxes, $ refers to arguments of the incoming messages in that
messagebox's inlet, and not to the enclosing abstraction's arguments.
Because of that, you'd have to put this in your abstraction:

[loadbang]

[symbol $1]

[open $1}

Where [] means objectbox (Ctrl+1) and [} means messagebox (Ctrl+2).