[PD] What about multilingual Pd ?

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Dec 12 03:50:39 CET 2005

Am 12.12.2005 um 00:36 schrieb Marc Lavallée:

>> Max Neupert hat gesagt: // Max Neupert wrote:
>>> some corrections for the german version though:
>>> ?Sende Message...? should be ?Sende Nachricht...?
>>
>> Actually I would prefer "Sende Message" even in German, as Message in
>> Pd is more a technical term, which I wouldn't translate. At least
>> when
>> talking about Pd in German, nobody I know says "Nachricht", everyone
>> talks about "messages".
>
> I don't know about German, but maybe "Nachricht" is appropriate,
> even if
> everyone is using "messages". It's a matter of deciding if using
> English
> terms is a bad habit or necessary because our native languages are too
> "poor"... In Quebec, because we have a "Charter of the French
> language",  a
> public service translates computer terms to French and even find
> new words,
> like "courriel" for email . Here's the web site:
> http://granddictionnaire.com/
> --
> Marc

yes, i think it's no excuse to use the english word for something
just because everybody does. since i lived in quebec for almost a
year i became much more aware of this... “Sende Message” is such an
ugly mutant of two languages, just like the one the kids in montreal
speak: ostie franglais.

bonne journée, Max