[PD] flext: cannot stat `pd-linux/release-single/libflext-pd_s.a.0.5.1

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Dec 13 11:48:29 CET 2005

Hi Gerda,

> after upgrading from debian/testing to unstable I had the problem that
> opening patches  containing pool  could not be closed-pd did not crash
> but I had to close it with control-c /killall pd as Frank wrote. (the
> xsample lib, I think I dont use it)

hmmm ,must have missed Franks mail, could you quote it?

> Then I decided to recompile flext taking newest cvs version:
>
> root@/home/gerda/flext bash build.sh pd gcc install
> --
> A default package configuration file has been created.
> Please edit config.txt, then start again.
> --
> make: *** [config.txt] Error 1
>
> so far I never changed the config.txt-because I never used the stk and
> the sndobj support--is it important?(what for?)
> ignoring to configure config.txt gave me following errors:

Although ignoring is not a good thing in general, it's ok here.....

> root@/home/gerda/flext bash build.sh pd gcc install
> make -f ./buildsys/gnumake-sub.mak PLATFORM=lnx RTSYS=pd COMPILER=gcc
> BUILDPATH=./buildsys/ PKGINFO=package.txtBUILDCLASS=flext
> USRCONFIG=config.txt USRMAKE=build/gnumake-lnx-gcc.inc
> TARGETMODE=release TARGETTYPE=single _install_
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/gerda/flext'
> install pd-linux/release-single/libflext-pd_s.a.0.5.1 /usr/local/lib
> install: cannot stat `pd-linux/release-single/libflext-pd_s.a.0.5.1':
> No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [_install_] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gerda/flext'
> make: *** [install-release-single] Error 2
>

> Any ideas?

The building process (bash build.sh pd gcc) itself went fine?
Please note that "bash build.sh pd gcc install" doesn't build flext
beforehand, it just installs it if existent.

If the former is ok, are there any lib* files in
pd-linux/release-single ?

all the best,
Thomas