[PD] Graphical envelope interface

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 12:00:11 CET 2005

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:40:04 +0000
c <yaqtil at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Is anyone aware of an alternative GUI for PD's array object?
>
> i found the PD array object useless for editing as well, but the
> [widget] external coupled with Tk's BLT extension makes cake out of
> something better: http://whats-your.name/pd/gui/lg.gif . the widget
> definition is at
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/pure-data/extensions/gui/ix/lg.wid
> and theres another one similar to EnvGen at
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/pure-data/externals/miXed/test/toxy/editors/bpf.wid

I like the look of these, but I can't most of the widgets to work. I got the miXed externs and extensions from CVS yesterday, and I *think* I've got the necessary Tk extensions, but I mostly get errors. For example, with lg, I get:

	tcl error: in ::toxy::longvishook: wrong # args: should be "Blt_ZoomStack graph"

and with filter I get:

	tcl error: in ::toxy::longvishook: wrong # coordinates: expected at least 4, got 2

That's just with the demo patches.

Any ideas?

Jamie