[PD] jpeg patchworks with Gem ?

vincent rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Thu Jan 5 19:58:41 CET 2006

hi Alexandre,

you'll find attached an example that you might want to try, it's called:
mozaic_photo.pd

you have to launch pd with dyn~, pyext and Gem libs.
sorry, i did not find time to comment the python scripts (nor the pd
patchs btw).

please notice that:
- it uses imagemagick to compute image sizes. ("identify" command, fast).
- thus it needs some plumbing to work under windows.
- choose a few images first (try to use lightweight pics), in
mozaic_photo.py change the rep at line 88:
self.fphotos = glob.glob('/data/urban_man/photos/pietons/pieton_rouge*.jpg')

please let me know if you found it interesting, what pbs you
encountered, etc.
best,
vincent