[PD] routing PD gui commands back into PD via netreceive

carmen ix at replic.net
Fri Jan 6 18:19:14 CET 2006

> It looks like PD is choking on the amount of data (but that seems
> unlikely)

whats unlikely aobut that? its not hard to make software choke, especially when involving feedback loops..

> Again I don't want to use a second PD instance since the data I want to
> work with the is creation of the patch that works with the data!

in software feedback overload situations it does help to have a second instance, with the first one niced to a suitable level so that the second one can actally record to a file and transcieve to the d/A properly. but usually the first one goes nuts and crashes jackd and causes unpredictable CPU spikes so you really want a second computer..or a tape deck...