[PD] gem compilation on fc4 x86_64

megale megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sat Jan 7 01:09:08 CET 2006

 Hi, I am trying without success to make gem with my fedora core 4 distro, Gemlibs isn't found by
/src/gnu/makeauxlibs, I am sure and certain Gemlibs is in the right place, I've even tried to hack
the makeauxlibs file without successing results. If I run ./makeauxlibs inside Gemlibs, it works
but only with changing the line that is including glut.h because it doesn't find it without an
hack.
 so, when I run ./configure it says:
# ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
HEAD: /usr/include /usr/local/include ../../../GemLibs/
LIBS: ../../../GemLibs/ /usr/local/lib /usr/local/src
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-pc-linux-gnuoldld': machine `x86_64-pc'
not recognized

Configuring for Gem.pd_
checking for gnu make... yes
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for sh... sh
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib64, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for MMX... checking MMX found...
Building Auxilliary Libraries
=============================

Finished building Auxilliary Libraries
======================================
checking for main in -lX11... yes
checking for main in -lXext... yes
checking for XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines in -lXxf86vm... yes
checking for sin in -lm... no
checking for main in -lz... no
checking for glInitNames in -lGL... no
checking for glInitNames in -lMesaGL... no
OpenGL is mandatory

 I am also certain all the dependencies are installed because I've verified  it three times at
least...

 Thank for any help, installing gem from CCRMA won't resolve my problem at all because I would
like to test the 0.90 version.

Patco.