[PD] [hid] crashing with segmentation fault

Jerome Tuncer columbiatwo at free.fr
Sat Jan 7 05:51:15 CET 2006

Hi Hans, hi list,

I just got back to trying to make [hid] work on my laptop and I still
can't...

[hid] is the latest from CVS (Friday, January 6th 2006) and still gives
segmentation faults.

My machine is a PC running Debian unstable with 2.6.14.

Here's more detail:

I have 3 HID peripherals on the machine:

- /dev/input/event0 :: Keyboard
- /dev/input/event1 :: Touchpad
- /dev/input/event2 :: USB Mouse

"$ hexdump /dev/input/event1" doesn't output anything so I assume the
touchpad doesn't send info well. Let's forget about that for now.

"$ hexdump /dev/input/event0"
"$ hexdump /dev/input/event2"
Both output hex. dataflow.

The output from [print( sent to [hid] compiled in debug mode for the
keyboard is printKeyboard.txt. printTouchpad.txt and printMouse.txt are
the outputs from the 2 other peripherals.

The 2 other files (printSegFaultKeyboard.txt and printSegFaultMouse.txt)
  is the stderr from the two peripherals that make [hid] crash. Touchpad
doesn't seem to send anything.

I suspect the problem being similar to what Gerda experienced in:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-08/030339.html

Do you know where the problem may come from?
Do you need more output from anything?

++

Jé