[PD] Re: Building PD on Mac OS X Tiger

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jan 9 16:49:27 CET 2006

On Jan 9, 2006, at 12:40 AM, lists.puredata.info at cefn.com wrote:

>>> At one point during the installation, I believed the script was
>>> asking for a cvs password with the prompt
>>> password:
>>> whereas it was actually asking for sudo privileges. My error, but
>>> this could be clarified with a message in the script.
>>
>> Where is this?
>
> This is during the final stage when executing
>
> make devsimlinks
>
> and (from memory - check the details of this) where tk*.h elements are
> being removed in order to be rewritten, from somewhere in /usr/local/
> which requires superuser.

Only use "make devsymlinks" if you need the UNIX-style Tcl/Tk locations
for a specific reason.  They are not needed.  But yes, they do need a
sudo password to run.

"make" "make install" "make clean" are what you need to use.

"make patch_pd" and "make unpatch_pd" are for applying the patches,
currently, its for 0.38.4.

.hc