[PD] comport works on osx!

Rene Christen nay_m_c at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:03:30 CET 2006

hi all,

sorry if this is old news and i just couldn't find it in the archives. just
started up again on an old project and was looking into getting serial into
osx. back in july 2004 martin pichlmair compiled a version of comport for
osx (just by adding to the malkefile) after i posted about it but i didn't
have any luck then. it loaded but couldn't find the device. with a little
more knowledge now i tried again with the same binary (latest version pd on
osx 10.4) and found that all i had to do was create a symbolic link so that
comport could find it:

ln -s /dev/tty.USA19H2b2P1.1 /dev/ttyS0
(i just did "ls /dev/tty.*" to find the devicename)

for what i'm doing it's running as well as on linux! the comport source
should definitely be updated to include this. although i still have all the
source files from martin back then doing this is beyond my expertise. i'd be
more than happy to add a sub-patch to the comport help for osx users though

thanks again martin - sorry it took me so long to get around to figuring it
out!

cheers,
rene.

p.s. thanks to winfried ritsch for comport too!