[PD] comport works on osx!

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Tue Jan 10 17:05:15 CET 2006

Hi Winfried,

Actually on OSX the device names are different for each company that
makes the USB serial devices, so there is no (good) way to index them.

Actually I suggest that comport be altered so that you can either tell
it [comport 0 9600] or you can tell it [comport /dev/USA19H2b2P1.1 9600]

This way would be much cleaner for weird serial device names. (for
example a bluetooth serial port)

I guess for windows it would just throw an error if it gets a /dev/*
argument.

.b.