[PD] PdPod (pure data on ipodlinux) - Is anybody else experimenting with it?

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Tue Jan 10 17:54:37 CET 2006

Hi all,

Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> If you're interested I wrote a post on my blog:
>
> http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/blog/2006/01/08/pdpod-pure-data-on-the-ipod-or-generative-music-on-the-go/
>
> Or you can visit the wiki page on ipodlinux.org:
>
> http://ipodlinux.org/PdPod
>
> I would really like to get in touch with people interested in this hack.

This is very exciting stuff!

Is there a document that tells how to port existing generative patches
to PdPod?  I seem to recall PDa has some differences from Pd, like table
indexing / range of numbers / etc, but I don't know the details.

How powerful are the various iPods?  I don't own an iPod, so wouldn't be
able to test my patches.  Is there an iPod emulator (that runs at the
same speed as a real iPod)?  Better yet, is there an iPod emulator that
comes with PdPod preinstalled?

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org