[PD] xsample and pyExt question

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Jan 12 00:21:14 CET 2006

Hi,

> i am on osx with Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC6.app
> i am using xsample, initially i had problems because PD wouldnt
> initialise it properly, then i included a xsample object and the
> xgroove and xrecord were ok.

since you have to load xsample as a library, including a xsample object
can't have any effect - i guess your findings that it has some effect is
pure coincidence. It's also ok if it can't be created since xsample is
not a defined object, it's just the library name.
Maybe things have worked different for you before, because you were
using an older xsample version?

> About pyExt :
> I was wondering if for windows machines there is some way to include
> in the patch python.dll or somerthing like that so that they do not
> have to install python on their machines, which i guess it is needed
> to run pyExt external. I say i guess because i havent been able to
> test it yet, waiting to get a x386 machine to test stuff like this
> properly ...

yes, although i haven't tried either, this should work ok... just drop
python.dll in the same folder as the external, or into pd/bin .

best greetings,
Thomas

--
Thomas Grill