[PD] multiple audio devices

Urs Liska pd at ursliska.de
Fri Jan 13 16:24:35 CET 2006

Hello list,

what can cause Pd (0.39.2 on WinXP) not to display the "Use multiple
devices" button in the Audio settings dialog?

On my laptop I have selected an ASIO driver for my RME Multiface as I/O
device 1 and am missing the option to use a second card...
Could this have anything to do with the fact that I use ASIO? Because on
my desktop PC (where I don't have an ASIO card) I have the "multiple"
option.

And a second, related question: Is it possible to get Pd to use
non-adjacent channels of a audio interface?
On the mentioned Multiface I would like to use ch1-8 (analog) and
ch17/18 (S/P-DIF) for Pd while leaving ch9-16 free for other applications...

Thanks for any ideas
Urs

--
Urs Liska