[PD] Playstation Controller input?

Jonathan Goodwin jonathan at jgoodwin.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 17:00:23 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm quite new to PD and graphical programming in general, so any pointers
here would be great!

I'm looking to get signals from a Playstation dance-mat (essentially a PS
controller) into PD via USB for use in controlling video with GEM. Is this
possible? My friend has done a similar thing in MAX (which unfortunately I
cannot afford!), see here for more details:
http://blog.pixelcrypt.com/sound/

Is it possible? Where do I need to start?! Do I need more plug-ins etc?

Any help would be great here, as I am planning to do this for my final yr
college project and I need to know now if I'm wasting my time!

Thanks all,
Jonathan