[PD] rtp streaming

rainer kohlberger rainer at kohlberger.net
Mon Jan 16 18:27:05 CET 2006

On 15. January 2006, at 18:30, ydegoyon at free.fr wrote:

> now, we stream ogg/theora on icecast 2 servers
> and it works much better than ffmpeg, vlc, darwin server, ...

ok -thanks, merci!
i guess this is done via [pdp_icedthe~].

maybe you can answer me further questions before i start installing
+patching, i'm on a mac and have almost no experience with linux..

can pdp_icedthe~ be used for 8 streams (320x240, no sound)
simultaneously? what computing power would be necessary, you guess?
is icegast able to run 2 videos full-screen on 2 displays that are
connected to PCI-graphic cards on a pentium ~1.5ghz? (vlc did on
windows while gem failed).

( the set-up is: 8 TVs connected to 4 (old) PCs with 2 pci-graphic-
cards each. wanted to do that with a patching-environment on every pc
and synching over OSC. but pd+max+vvvv didn't work proper yet (except
vvvv, but not in full-screen) )

danke again, rainer.