[PD] PD for/on MacIntel?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Jan 16 18:54:43 CET 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Joao Duarte wrote:

> Is there a possibilitie of running PD on the new MacIntels?

...like cgc mentioned, it compiles and runs as of last years
wwdc ;-)  It was really trivial to re-compile due to pd & gem's
crossplatform nature, but there are some issues which will need to be
ironed out, and that should just take an hour or so of actual work on
an actual mactel...

> Any ideas about when there'll be a Universal version of the app?

...I really don't think we want to distribute a Universal version of
the app, unless we just do the app itself and no cvs externals:  the
App package that hans has put together is already in the neighborhood
of 80MB's, so adding the x86 libs would likely double that, which is
a bit much for an app, I think...of course, not all of that is loaded
into memory, but it's a bit unwieldy to expect people to download
when new releases come around...

...so I think we'll have separate apps for ppc and x86...

...haven't ordered mine yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

james