[PD] external for Intersense InertiaCube3?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jan 17 14:49:25 CET 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 4:25 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Rath, Matthias wrote:
>> Hello alltogether,
>> I'm planning to write an external for the integration of the
>> Intersense InertiaCube3 in pd. Before starting with the job, of
>> course I'd prefer to make sure that it has not been done before by
>> somebody else (in order to avoid redundant work...).
>> So, I'd be thankful to anybody for information about possible
>> existing implementations that may be of interest for me in this
>> respect.
>
> tm has written an external for the InterSense itrax.
> i don't know how this relates to the InertiaCube3.

These devices looks quite nice.  Are they expensive?  Hopefully they
are HID devices, that would make life simple.

> the other question is, whether the InterSense-drivers support the
> hid-protocol.
> if so, you could just use [hid], if you were on linux/osx; if on w32,
> you'd have to convince hcs to finish the port (money usually
> helps...).

The [hid] port to Windows is underway, thanks to sponsorship from
vibrez.net, but progress has been slowed a lot by the crazy, arbitrary
restrictions of the Windows HID API, and the fact that I have limited
access to a Windows machine.

____

this we should do freely and generously.
                                                   - Benjamin Franklin