[PD] PiDiP's legal status

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jan 17 15:19:44 CET 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> moved this thread to pd-ot. while licensing is an important issue in
> software-development, it is not necessarily a related to further pd
> development.

Just a note on pd-list to say that IOhannes wants to move the thread to
another mailing-list that many people aren't subscribed to. I'm not going
to cross-post back to pd-list, so interested people may browse the pd-ot
archives or subscribe to the pd-ot list.

I can't agree with moving the thread to pd-ot and I don't believe that
either pd-list is limited to "further pd development" and I don't believe
that license issues are not related to "further pd development" (whatever
that means).

I'm quite a bit disappointed that pd-ot doesn't get nearly as much used
for truly off-topic decisions than for hiding threads that some people
think are embarassing. At the same time, I have no clue why pd-ot should
be used at all, since I don't think that many people are even aware of the
existence of it, and I don't know why any thread should be moved without
prior notice on the original mailing-list, if not as an attempt to hide
the thread.