[PD] PiDiP's legal status

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jan 18 09:32:11 CET 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Chris McCormick wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, vincent rioux wrote:
> > > we probably should not go that far into details,
> > which details are superfluous?
> Those which had already been covered in previous posts.

I posted about PiDiP on pd-list as I realized that most people didn't even
know of PiDiP's license problems because it only had been discussed on
pd-dev and pd-ot. It might all be superfluous to your inbox, but there are
many other people reading pd-list.

I tried my best to summarize the issues. If you have anything to precise
or add or correct then go ahead.

> > > and certainly not declare open wars.
> > > please, please, take it a little bit more easy.
> > How is "taking it easy" going to get anything solved?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negotiation

How do you use negotiation in a situation where there is no trade-off to
do?... It's not like there was any violation of my rights. It's all about
raising awareness about free software issues and that there is a license
violation. The only thing I advocate is for PiDiP to be back to being free
software, without any ambiguities.

> > What's your agenda in wanting me to stay quiet about the facts?
> Left wing conspiracy!

Don't even begin to insinuate that I might be some kind of right wing...