[PD] program control

robertgarvin at bellsouth.net robertgarvin at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 19 06:21:58 CET 2006

sorry if this double posts. or triple... I"m having problems with the server

Hello list.I was wondering if there was any way to get pd to control various programs. for example. I use the "dell media experience" or whatever it's called to play my DVDs, and was wondering if there was a way to use a joystick, and through pd, control the various functions (ie fast foward, play, pause, volume, etc.). if anyone knows how I would go about doing this, let me know.

Thanks,
RG

ps. I seem to remember during chrismas break, I used an object that allowed me to execute a command that would be the same as pressing a key, but i completely forgot what it was.