[PD] mtx_* & Extended RC7 WAS Re: [GEM-dev] OSX binary with multi-blob tracking online somewhere?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jan 19 07:20:13 CET 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 6:43 PM, james tittle wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2006, at 4:50 PM, B. Bogart wrote:
>> After a lot of Jamie's help I finally got a gem CVS version to work
>> on my
>> OSX machine. I ended up having to use RC7 to load the Gem binary for
>> some
>> reason, and I could not get my local copy to work (PD said it was
>> loaded,
>> but I could not create any Gem objects).
>
> ...good to hear!
>
>> Anyhow I have pix_multiblob working, and I was trying to use the help
>> patch but it seems that the pd extended RC7 does not include mtx_*
>> which
>> is needed by the blobtracker help. :(
>>
>>  mtx_*
>> ... couldn't create
>>  mtx_*
>> ... couldn't create
>>  mtx_*
>> ... couldn't create
>>
>> Could this be added to the extended installer? Since I am unable to
>> get a
>> recent verson of Gem to load into PD using anything but RC7 (RC4 did
>> not
>> work). blech!
>
> ...actually, these are included in RC7, but they would have to be
> accessed as [iemmatrix/mtx_*]...I don't think this issue is really
> covered in the docs, certainly not in the RC* series, so this is a
> major documentation oversight, IMHO...

mtx_* is not included because filesystems don't generally like "*" in
files.  I think there is another alias like mtx_mul.  Someone should
make a version of mtx_* using IOhannes' hex loader patch, that would
solve this.

> ...the ReadMe.html also only lists a few of the included libs and
> versions, with no mention of how to access anything from, say zexy...

There is a fair amount of stuff on this list, and in
http://puredata.org/docs/developer but yes there should be more docs,
but I won't have time to write them for a while.

____

publicity.

                      - Bill Moyers