[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 19 20:21:58 CET 2006

Piotr Majdak wrote:
> Hi!

> I tried immediately what you proposed and yes, pd loads them on demand.
> Great! Is this the way external libraries are linked with pd in the
> future? Just put the dll into /extra and no more restarts? That's really
> nice...

well it's the way it used to be in the past...

> Is this a special feature of pd-devel or can I use it with Miller's
> distros, too?

it's in pd since i know it (or since i know that there is an external
mechanism for pd); ever used [fiddle~]? (ever had to restart for that?)

the only real new thing (with respect to library loading) in the
installer that is not in core-(msp)-pd is the libdir mechanism.

hc just broke multi-object libraries into single-object libraries.
thus you feel that you don't load a library but just an object (although
technically there is no difference)

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes