[PD] mtx_* & Extended RC7 WAS Re: [GEM-dev] OSX binary with multi-blob tracking online somewhere?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jan 19 22:58:08 CET 2006

On Jan 19, 2006, at 10:49 AM, B. Bogart wrote:

> Hmmm,
>
> Unless mtx_ conflicts with something else should they not be
> instanciated by mtx_* and not iemmatrix.mtx_*
>
> I like these namespaces, but it does make using patches from
> non-installer machines a little irritating. (searching for broken
> objects and replacing with the namespace name...)

If you load all the libs, then it'll act as if everything was directly
in extra.  So if you load "iemmatrix" as a lib, then [mtx_print] will
work without [iemmatrix/mtx_print].

> Maybe we need this [import] stuff sooner than later...

Yes indeed!  A real import would be lovely.  But unfortunately, not so
simple.  There is a very basic [import] included in Pd-extended.  In
order for it to work, it needs to be the first object loaded in a
patch.  You can ensure that by cutting every object in a patch except
[import], then pasting it all back and saving it.

.hc