[PD] program control

robertgarvin at bellsouth.net robertgarvin at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 20 02:18:41 CET 2006

Hello,
in response:

>What not build the DVD playback stuff into a Gem patch?

I don't  really know how to use gem. I'm not even sure if it's installed correctly. I would love to learn how to use it though.

>Why would you want to use your dvd player??

hmmm maybe this wasn't clear enough in the original message. I am in college, and the dorm I live in doesn't have enough room for a TV and DVD player to be permanently setup. so.. I use my computer to play my dvds. I want to use the joystick to control the movie because the desk is across the room, and even though it's only 5 steps, controlling the volume (and other controls) without having to get up would be a great help.

>PS: I think you can use mplayer (linux) and drive it with a joystick as
>you suggest.

I am running off of WinXP (unfortunately). so I assume that program wouldn't work for me.

thanks,
RG

What not build the DVD playback stuff into a Gem patch?

you should be able to load and play mpeg2 videos quite well in Gem on
all platforms on recent hardware...

Why would you want to use your dvd player??

.b.