[PD] mtx_* & Extended RC7 WAS Re: [GEM-dev] OSX binary with multi-blob tracking online somewhere?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jan 20 06:53:03 CET 2006

On Jan 19, 2006, at 7:24 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> Ok...
>
> So just to clarify Johannes could just put [iemmatrix] in the help
> patch? or that I would have to start pd with -lib iemmatrix?

For Pd-extended, if would have to be -lib iemmatrix to load the lib,
the [iemmatrix] trick doesn't work with libdirs.  But since help files
and object files are in the same directory in libdir format, you don't
need to load the lib for the help patches.

For example, if you get help on [iemmatrix/mtx_print], it will bring up
iemmatrix/mtx_print-help.pd which can have [mtx_print] and it'll work
fine.

> Johannes, I'm not sure about this blobtracker depending on iemmatrix is
> a good idea...

It would be fine if everything was in Pd-extended.  It wouldn't be too
hard to sort out.

.hc

> .b.
>
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 19, 2006, at 10:49 AM, B. Bogart wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm,
>>>
>>> Unless mtx_ conflicts with something else should they not be
>>> instanciated by mtx_* and not iemmatrix.mtx_*
>>>
>>> I like these namespaces, but it does make using patches from
>>> non-installer machines a little irritating. (searching for broken
>>> objects and replacing with the namespace name...)
>>

>> If you load all the libs, then it'll act as if everything was directly
>> in extra.  So if you load "iemmatrix" as a lib, then [mtx_print] will
>> work without [iemmatrix/mtx_print].
>>
>>> Maybe we need this [import] stuff sooner than later...
>>

>> Yes indeed!  A real import would be lovely.  But unfortunately, not so
>> simple.  There is a very basic [import] included in Pd-extended.  In
>> order for it to work, it needs to be the first object loaded in a
>> patch.  You can ensure that by cutting every object in a patch except
>> [import], then pasting it all back and saving it.
>>
>> .hc
>>

>>> .b.

>> __
>> ____
>>
>> "[W]e have invented the technology to eliminate scarcity, but we are
>> deliberately throwing it away to benefit those who profit from
>> scarcity."
>>                                                      -John Gilmore

____

"Information wants to be free."