[PD] sound not working

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Fri Jan 20 23:11:22 CET 2006

robertgarvin at bellsouth.net wrote:
> OS: WinXP pro, SP2, pentium 4 -  2.80GHz / 2.79GHz, 512 MB ram
>
> Soundcard: not sure on this one, but i believe it's "SigmaTel C-Major Audio"
>
> Version of PD: Pd version 0.38.0
>
> it's kind of a funny situation though, because it was working fine earlier that day. all other system sounds still work, so I don't know what's up

Just a guess: maybe you've changed the default device in Windows'
multimedia settings and pd trys to open it? Or you set the audio
settings to ASIO, which is not supported by all sound cards.

Be sure that you've set the correct device in Media/Audio settings and
disable ASIO (use MME instead).

br; Peter