[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jan 21 05:02:10 CET 2006

On Jan 20, 2006, at 5:40 PM, dafydd hughes wrote:

> Hey
>
> On 20-Jan-06, at 2:00 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>>> 2. I can't find any space in the Path dialog to add my own paths,
>>> and I can't find anything to edit in the .plist file.  Am I missing
>>> something?
>>
>> #2 is definitely a problem.  The preferences panels need to be
>> written to support unlimited "path" and "loadlib" options.  Instead
>> of fixed text fields, there probably should be a scrollable text box
>> where lines can be added and deleted, and perhaps reordered too.
>>
>> For now, you can either edit the prefs file/registry, or manage the
>> libs/paths yourself, and delete the default one.
>>
>> .hc
>>
> Here's the odd thing - I can't find any path entries in your .plist
> file to edit.  For now I'm fine with replacing entries for libs that I
> don't use.

That's because the libdir support is currently a quick hack.  It just
checks a directory for a .pd file of the same name, if it find that, it
adds that dir to the path and the helppath.   So all those path entries
are dynamically generated from the loadlib entries that refer to
libdirs.

Yes, its a hack and should be replaced, but it works for now.

.hc