[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jan 21 05:16:30 CET 2006

On Jan 20, 2006, at 4:52 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> 2. I can't find any space in the Path dialog to add my own paths,
>>> and  I can't find anything to edit in the .plist file.  Am I missing
>>>  something?
>> #2 is definitely a problem.  The preferences panels need to be
>> written  to support unlimited "path" and "loadlib" options.  Instead
>> of fixed  text fields, there probably should be a scrollable text box
>> where lines  can be added and deleted, and perhaps reordered too.
>
> yes that might be nice.
> however, as a workaround, i suggest that the pd-extended installed
> uses as little path-lines (and lib-lines) as possible.
> i am pretty sure, that you can cram multiple libs into one line with
> the ":" delimiter, analogous to the command line
> "pd -lib iemlib1:iemlib2:iem_t3_lib:iem_mp3" loads 4 libs.
> so pd-extended would only eat 1 lib-line and 1 path-line

That format does work in the pref file, but it turns out that Pd parses
it before putting it into the preference panel.  So even tho the pref
file reads iemlib1:iemlib2:iem_t3_lib:iem_mp3, the preference panel
still looks like:

iemlib1
iemlib2
iem_t3_lib
iem_mp3

____

                     There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
						        				-A.J. Muste