[PD] Pd-0.84.3-extended-RC7 with pidip on ubuntu Breezy: pdp_text : severe error : could not load default font : no rendering !!!

John Harrison john.harrison at wichita.edu
Sat Jan 21 16:05:40 CET 2006

Seems to me the binary included with Steiner's latest release causes the
pidip error in the subject line.

I'm figuring the fonts are there but located in a different directory on
ubuntu Breezy than they were on Steiner's machine when he compiled. So
perhaps the right symbolic link would fix the problem. If I knew where
Steiner's distro kept its TTF fonts, I could give this a shot.

Short of that, I'd probably have to rebuild from the sources, which I'd
like to avoid if there is an easier fix.

I'm pretty much a newbie with externals and I'm no Linux expert, so if
I'm way off on the diagnosis, apologies.

Thanks!

-John