[PD] Re: Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7 & cyclone

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jan 22 17:28:14 CET 2006

On Jan 22, 2006, at 5:44 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> It sounds like cyclone is being statically linked with pd.dll.
>
> Cyclone single-externals are huge on Linux as well, e.g.:
>
> $ ll prepend.pd_linux hammer.pd_linux
> -rwxrwxr-x  1 root root 351265 Aug 27 14:33 hammer.pd_linux
> -rwxrwxr-x  1 root root 140672 Aug 27 14:33 prepend.pd_linux

Maybe they need to be stripped too.  This is what Pd-extended uses for
GNU/Linux:

     STRIP = strip --strip-unneeded -R .note -R .comment

Maybe we should add a little strip hack to Pd-extended that will strip
everything once its installed.

____

"I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits."
                                             - Martin Luther King, Jr.