[PD] PiDiP on Athon64?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 23 09:14:04 CET 2006

cdr wrote:

> on x86_64 if your needs include running pure data you will want a 32bit chroot or multilib setup, its pretty simple and there are wiki pages explaining how to do this on debian and gentoo. ALSA and 3D hardware will still work..

what makes you think that?
i am working on my amd64-laptop in a pure 64bit environment every other day.
there _are some_ problems with pd on this platform, but this doesn't
mean that you cannot use it. i do a lot of pd-development and have run
several pd-performances on this platform.
(i just don't need tables that often)

mfg.asdr
IOhannes