[PD] Further GEM rendering problems

Jonathan Goodwin jonathan at jgoodwin.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 20:27:51 CET 2006

Chris,

Substituting  pix_film for pix_movie brings on the previously discussed
rendering problems.

I'm not sure if you meant for me to try pix_texture in the same place, but
when I did I got the following messages immediately:

gamepad_input.pd 44 0 59 1 (gatom->pix_texture) connection failed
gamepad_input.pd 59 1 39 0 (pix_texture->unpack) connection failed
gamepad_input.pd 59 2 43 0 (pix_texture->bng) connection failed

And I got the following messages when trying to use the patch to open a
video:

pix_texture: not using client storage
error: pix_texture: no method for 'open'

Despite some of the messages above, the gamepad input worked fine all the
time.