[PD] Loading externs

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Wed Jan 25 00:43:13 CET 2006

RG wrote:

>Hello again list. I swear this is my last problem... for now. ;)
>
>ok so I've been using PD for about a year now, and shame on me I still don't know how to load externs. so. here are some images:
>
>This is what I get when I open PD:
>      http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1348/pdonstartup6le.jpg
>
>This is my Search Path window:
>      http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9895/pdsearchpath3vu.jpg
>
>and this is my "Bianaries to load on startup" window:
>      http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8793/pdstartuppathinfo8zi.jpg
>
>what am I doing wrong?!!

You have a lot of paths that don't work but you did manage to load Gem.
I would suggest deleting everything from the path and startup windows,
save settings, then find out with Windows Explorer where the various
extensions actually are, copy each different path from Explorer's
Address field and paste it into the path window (e.g. C:/Program
Files/pd/extra). For the libs just put the lib names into the
load-on-startup window (e.g. Gem). Then you hit Apply and Save Settings,
then reopen the dialogs and make sure the paths haven't been mangled, if
so edit them and apply and save again. (I found that slashes tend to get
duplicated.) Then quit pd and restart it to find out if it worked.

Martin