[PD] Pd compiling

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jan 27 19:41:54 CET 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Steve Peach wrote:
> > In Max/MSP you can save (compile) your patches into various plug-ins
> > or applications. I was wondering can this be done in Pd (which is what
> > I use at home) If it can , could someone let me know please, it would
> > be MUCH!!! appreciated
> it cannot be done. why should it? (the reason for max/msp to offer this
> possibility is in its proprietary nature. for pd this is not necessary:
> just give away your patches + pd)

The problem is that just giving away a working pd that will continue to
work on the target computer is not always easy.

Does Pd have any "static-linked" version or otherwise self-contained? If
externals have dependencies, is there anything that can copy those
dependencies inside of a directory that can easily by zipped and shipped?

It doesn't have much to do with proprietary vs free.